As a good Muslim we must belief whatever Allah azza wa jalla tells us in the Qur’an and the prophet Muhammad Shalallahu alahi wassalam in its hadeeth, either it is logic or it is beyond our imagination. There are many benefits which can be derived related to Aqeedah lessons from the main hadeeth of Muhammad’s (shalallahu alaihi wassalam ) Israa’ and Miraaj. Israa’ literally means a journey by night and Miraaj literally means an elevator, i.e., an instrument which lifts something up. But, in Islam, Israa’ refers to a miraculous night-journey made by the last Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) from Makkah to Jerusalem, and Miraaj refers to the vehicle which took the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) from Jerusalem, up and out of the universe, through the seven heavens, and into the direct presence of Allaah.
Following are the aqeedah-lesson derivation related to Israa and Miraaj:
- We must belief that Israa and mi’raj had been done by the Prophet Muhammad Shalallahu alaihi wassallam with his body and spirit, not just spirit alone. Although, it is not logic, but if we have a straight mind, our mind should submit the hadeeth (true revelation). Allah said:
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلًا مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى
“Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjd al- Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa…”(al-Isra: 1)
- We must belief that salah prayer is compulsory related to hadeeth about Israa-Mi’raj. As mentioned in the hadits :
“The Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) continued going back and forth between his Lord and Musa until Allaah said, “They are five prayers everyday, Muhammad, each being rewarded as ten, so that makes fifty times of prayer.”
- The main hadeeth (same with no.2 3) show us that the prophet Muhammad shalallahu alaihi wassalam had entered heavens. He tell us that heaven is made of pearls, the soil is made of musk (al-Misk). So, it is a refutation for the Christians who states Isa alaihi salam had entered heaven.
- We must belief that he prophet Muhammad, shalallahu alaihi wassalam, had been cut in his chest and his heart had been washed with Zam Zam water.
- We must belief about virtue of zamzam water. Efficacy of zamzam water depends on the intentions who drinks it.
- The ascent of Muhammad shalallahu alaihi wassalam is clearly evidence that Allah azza wa jalla is in the heaven (above). Supporting the following verse :
الرَّحْمَٰنُ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ اسْتَوَىٰ
“The Most Merciful ( who is ) above the Throne establish” (Thaha: 5)
- We must belief that Jibreel has a lot of primacy than another angels.
- The hadith shows us that Allah azza wa jalla directly speaks to Muhammad shalallahu alaihi wassalam, even he ( the prophet ) repeatedly returned back to Allah azza wa jalla for asking the obligation prayer lighter for his followers (ummah).
- We must belief that Allah azza wa jalla is the most Merciful to this Ummah, Allah had assigned rewards of prayer fifty times but the obligation is only five.
- The obligation of every Muslim in responding about news which come from the authentic hadith (although it is not logic) is we must sincerely accept it. Allah azza wa jalla said :
إِنَّمَا كَانَ قَوْلَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ إِذَا دُعُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ لِيَحْكُمَ بَيْنَهُمْ أَن يَقُولُوا سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا ۚ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ
“The only statement of the [true] believers when they are called to Allah and His Messenger to judge between them is that they say, “We hear and we obey.” And those are the successful.” (An-Nur: 51)
Thus, We can also see several aqeedah-lesson in Israa Miraj, as follows:
- In this story about Israa-Miraaj was very clear to prove that Abu Bakar called Ash-Shidiq. He obtained that because he confirm the news of Muhammad shalallahualaihi wassalam with very high confidence. Allah had mentioned him in the Qur’an:
وَالَّذِي جَاءَ بِالصِّدْقِ وَصَدَّقَ بِهِ ۙ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ
“And the one who has brought the truth and [they who] believed in it – those are the righteous” (Az-Zummar: 33)
- We must belief that the prophets before Muhammad shalallahu alaihi wassalam is life in their graves, but in the Barzakh life. There is no proof that we allow to pray (tawasul) to them.
- We must belief that the amount of angels are in large number and no one knows about their number except Allah azza wa jalla.
- Muhammad Shalallahu alaihi wassalam is kalimur Rahman ( People who speaks directly to Allah azza wa jalla).
- We must belief that Allah azza wa jalla has property “Kalam” with truthfully speaks.
- We must belief about the high position of the obligatory prayers in Islam, because Allah has directly ordered this obligation.
- We must belief that Heavens and Hells was already exist, because the prophet had seen it when Miraaj.
- We must belief in unseen matters such as Buraaq, The guardian angels sky, Baitul Ma’mur, The gates of heaven and Sidratul Muntaha with its properties, etc.
Alhamdulillahilladzi bi ni’matihi tatimmush sholihaat, wa shallallahu ‘ala nabiyyina Muhammad wa ‘ala alihi wa shohbihi wa sallam.
 http://www.islamhouse.com/370836/en/en/articles/Israa_and_Miraaj ,by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips
 Reported by Anas ibn Maalik and collected by al-Bukhaari no. 2968 and 3598
This is specially proposed to fulfill assignments in A commentary on Ibn Qudaamah al-Maqdisee’s, The Radiance of Faith, (leading to the path of guidance)
[Lum’ah al-I’tiqad al-Hadi ila Sabili ar-Rasyad]
Deni Setiawan Abu Muhammad [ST 10031274]